Coronavirus and childcare
Please inform us about your desired days for out-of-school care from 1-7 June 2020!
To be able to make a reliable planning for our out-of-school care, we kindly ask you to express your wishes regarding out-of-school care for the period between June 1st and June 7th 2020. Please fill out the form at “My Plukkebol” by Monday May 25th before 12:00 hrs. Please only communicate with us by using this form. Wednesday May 27th 2020 at the latest you will receive a confirmation whether there is availability on your desired childcare days. Exchanging childcare days at the out-of-school care will not be possible until June 8th 2020.
Plukkebol out-of-school care: will fully reopen as of June 8th
The national government has announced that the primary schools and therefore also the out-of-school care will reopen from June 8th. All the children going to our out-of-school care will be welcome again on their contracted childcare days. We will pick up the children from school at the regular hours.
Rules for out-of-school care established by the national government will apply until June 8th 2020
We would like to point out the restrictions imposed by the national government that apply until June 8th 2020:
- Your child can only be taken to out-of-school care on the days on which (s)he goes to school;
- And the out-of-school care is limited to the number of contractually agreed afternoons.
Update of the protocol for anti-coronavirus measures
The protocols for keeping 1,5 distance have been evaluated and adjusted in close consultation with the staff members and the Parents Association. The modifications are marked red. The English updates will be available in the course of next week.
Plukkebol re-opened: we wish you all a warm welcome!
Plukkebol reopened last Monday for all children. The daycare re-opened completely, the out-of-school care partially. We can look back on a successful first week. It is remarkable how fast most children are used to the routine of going to childcare again. The baby groups needed a bit more time, but also those groups were used to the routine again quite fast. The children were visibly happy to be able to play with other children and resume their usual activities and rituals with their educational workers.
The protocols for keeping 1,5 meters distance seem to be working well in practice. Dropping off and picking up the children goes smoothly, but it takes a bit of time to get used to this new situation. There are 2 minor points that we would like to bring to your attention:
- Please have 1 adult only picking up and dropping off your child(ren).
- If you drop off or pick up your child between 9:30 am and 4:30 pm, please contact the group by phone and coordinate this with the educational workers.
Exchanging childcare days at daycare is possible again
In the first week, exchanging childcare days at the daycare was not possible. Now that we are familiar with the new protocols, we allow exchanging childcare days at the daycare again. This can be organised in consultation with the group and is possible when there is a spot available and if the group circumstances so permit.
Exchanging childcare days at the out-of-school care is not possible
Exchanging childcare days at the out-of-school care is not yet possible. This is partly due to the complexity of the planning at this moment, and partly because the rules of the national government do not allow this.
Emergency childcare: request per e-mail
In case you need emergency childcare, please submit your request to Plukkebol via noodopvang plukkebol.nl.
Out-of-school care as of 1 June 2020
We know which children we will need to pick up from school at which days in May 2020. On Wednesday May 20 we expect the national government to make a decision about the period as of 1 June 2020 until the summer holidays. We will inform you after this date about this period.
Unfortunately, we had to decide to cancel some of the yearly activities due to the anti-coronavirus measures. It concerns activities for which more people gather than what is strictly necessary for offering childcare. Unfortunately, the following activities are cancelled:
- The Plukkebol Summer Party for daycare
- The Plukkebol Summer BBQ
- The Plukkebol Summer Camp for out-of-school care
The activities that can take place will be adapted to the protocols that are in place.
Protocol for anti-coronavirus measures
As of May 11th 2020 the following protocols apply. We kindly ask you to take good notice of these protocols before bringing your child to childcare.
|Protocol for anti-coronavirus measures||Raamstraat out-of-school care (including location Wending)|
|Protocol for anti-coronavirus measures||Raamstraat daycare|
|Protocol for anti-coronavirus measures||Rotterdamseweg|
|Protocol for anti-coronavirus measures||Van Embdenstraat|
Please inform us about your desired days for out-of-school care as of May 11th 2020!
Unfortunately, the information supply of most of the primary schools is insufficient for Plukkebol to make a reliable planning for our out-of-school care. That is why we ask you to express your wishes regarding out-of-school care for the period between May 11th and May 29th 2020 via a form at “My Plukkebol”. Please fill it out by Sunday May 3rd 2020 before 23:59 hrs. In case you have informed us previously, we kindly ask you to express your wishes again via this special form. Please only communicate with us by using this form.
Rules established by the national government
Some restrictions have been imposed by the national government. The out-of-school care will formally stay closed.
- Your child can only be taken to out-of-school care on the days that (s)he goes to school;
- and the out-of-school care is limited to the number of contractually agreed afternoons.
Planning and confirmation
Plukkebol does its utmost to pick up all children from school. Wednesday May 6th 2020 at the latest you will receive an email from us in which we confirm whether there is availability at our out-of-school care on your desired days.
Emergency out-of-school care
If you are a parent working in an essential job, please only submit your desired days based on the rules of the national government. In case you need additional emergency childcare, you could submit a request to Plukkebol via noodopvang plukkebol.nl We would like to point out that schools have arranged their own emergency childcare.
Exchanging days at daycare (younger brother/sister)
Until further notice, it is not possible to exchange childcare days at the daycare. This is due to the implementation of the protocols for keeping 1,5 meters distance and the facilitation of the continuing emergency childcare.
The national government will continue the compensation scheme regarding the own contribution for parents who receive childcare allowance, since parents cannot fully use the childcare according to their contracts.
Preparation for the opening of Plukkebol as of May 11th 2020
We are busy preparing for the reopening as of Monday May 11th 2020. The daycare will open completely, the out-of-school care partially. The emergency childcare for parents who work in essential jobs will continue.
Out- of-school care open on the days your child is going to school
In line with the rules of the national government, as of May 11th 2020, the out-of-school care will take care of the children on the days that they are going to school.
Unfortunately, we as Plukkebol are not or hardly consulted by the schools regarding their plans for the period of May 11th 2020 onwards. This results in organisational problems. As an out-of-school care we need to know in time on what days and at what times we will have to pick up the children from school. To ensure we have the right information, we as Plukkebol will check directly with you as parents on which days your child will be going to school and on which days childcare is wanted. More information will follow via our digital newsletter before this weekend.
The emergency childcare for parents who work in essential jobs will continue after May 11th 2020. This care will be offered to the extent possible within Plukkebol, after consultation with other parties and based on availability. For school aged children there is also the possibility of going to the emergency childcare via their school. Municipalities are responsible for the emergency childcare in their cities. In case Plukkebol has no availability, municipalities could refer to other childcare centres that do have availability. In case you need emergency childcare, you could submit a request to Plukkebol via noodopvang plukkebol.nl
Protocol for keeping 1,5 meters distance
The protocol for keeping 1,5 meters distance is very important. It has been drawn up for the childcare sector (daycare and out-of-school care) and has to be adapted to the specific circumstances of each location. In the week before we open, we will inform you about this protocol per location and per type of childcare.
Adjustments of anti-coronavirus measures: Plukkebol reopens May 11th 2020
The Dutch government has announced that childcare centres may reopen on May 11th 2020. Therefore, all Plukkebol locations will be reopened as of that date as well. We will inform you at a later stage what the reopening will look like.
Ministry of Social Affairs and Emplyment (SZW): elaboration of the compensation scheme for childcare costs
- Parents who have continued to pay their own contributions for childcare, will be reimbursed in June, or in July at the latest.
- The amount of compensation is based on the information known to the Tax Authority on April 6th 2020.
- The Tax Authority will transmit the amount of compensation and the payment details to the Social Insurance Bank (in Dutch: Sociale Verzekeringsbank, SVB). The ‘SVB’ will pay the amount directly to the parents and will send them a letter including a calculation of the compensation. Parents don’t have to apply for compensation of their own contributions. Those will be automatically deposited into their accounts.
- The compensation of the own contributions of childcare costs relates to the anti-coronavirus measures of the government for the period of March 16th until May 11th 2020 and for as long as the package of measures continues. The compensation of the government amounts to the maximum hourly rate.
- Childcare organisations that charge a higher price than this maximum hourly rate (amongst which Plukkebol), will reimburse the costs above this maximum hourly rate to the parents.
- The Parents in Childcare Interests' Association (BOinK) in collaboration with the Dutch Branch Organisation for Childcare, has developed a survey (in Dutch) for parents who are not entitled to childcare allowance. This is to support the Ministry of SZW in the elaboration of a compensation scheme for these parents. We kindly request you to fill in this survey before May 15th 2020 if you don’t receive childcare allowance.
Current anti-coronavirus measures will be extended
The Dutch Government has announced that all anti-coronavirus measures will be extended until Tuesday 28 April 2020 inclusive. In the week prior to April 28th, the government will assess what measures are necessary in the period after that date.
- Childcare centres and therefore also Plukkebol will stay closed until April 28th, except for children whose parents work in essential jobs (emergency childcare).
- If in a household one of the parents work in an essential job or in an essential organisation, the government asks parents to take care of the children themselves if possible. If this does not work, parents can make use of the emergency childcare.
- Plukkebol offers emergency childcare at location Raamstraat 65 in Delft. This location is opened as of 07:30 am, also for out-of-school care. The other Plukkebol locations are closed.
- Parents of children in out-of-school care who make use of the emergency childcare are asked to bring their children to Plukkebol. Even if the school provides childcare, the children will not be picked up from school by Plukkebol.
- Parents who are temporarily unable to bring their children to daycare or out-of-school care, but who have paid their invoices, will receive their own contributions back. This also applies to parents who make use of the emergency childcare.
- The Parents in Childcare Interests’ Association (BOinK) has formulated frequently asked questions about the compensation scheme.
- The Parents in Childcare Interests' Association (BOinK) has also formulated a newsitem in English on the compensation scheme